The traditional role of email archiving solutions is primarily defensive in nature: to capture and retain information in the event that a litigation hold must be implemented, to be able to produce information in response to a court’s discovery order, or to satisfy a regulator’s demand for the production of relevant data.
However, an email or other information archive contains enormous quantities of meaningful data about a variety of things in an organization!
The biggest problem most of my customers have is spam. It’s especially a problem for those in the public sector because they have opened their email systems and they need a product to protect themselves against spam. I have a lot of experience with GWAVA. I trust GWAVA products. And I use them myself.
- Diethmar Rimser, BrainAgents
Retain’s single instance technology was an immediate attraction. We knew that this would allow HRP to keep a much higher proportion of its email data, without having to constantly request staff to clear down ‘un-needed’ mail. Retain has centralized all email retention and the built-in single instance technology allows a far greater amount of data to be stored. Now running for over a year at Historic Royal Palaces, the speed of search within Retain, even across many thousands of records, is impressively fast.
- Rob Ellner, Network Manager – Historic Royal Palaces
By handling huge amounts of data Retain helps us to stay in control of our mail system.
- Andreas Reinhold, Head of IT – Gust. Alberts GmbH & Co. KG
Retain helped us to merge two mail systems and now functions as an archiving system. This enables us to control the size of our Exchange system.
- Terje Gunnarsen – Høyer Finseth AS
As the CEO of Kühner Wärmetauscher I finally do not have to worry about compliance and PST-files any more.
- Elisabeth Posa – Kühner Wärmetauscher GmbH & Co. KG
I believe all GroupWise systems should have GroupWise Disaster Recovery and Retain Archiving installed.
- Andrew Simpson – Public and Commercial Services Union, United Kingdom
We were looking for a solution that archives in accordance with current retention laws – Retain fulfills all our internal and the external compliance regulations!
- Stefan Vetter, Tax Counsellor & Partner – Rieker - Alber - Thoni
Finally we are in line with all compliance laws and regulations. But even more important: our users can now find and restore mails on their own.
- Gregor Dotzauer, Head of IT – Schober Information Group Deutschland GmbH
Retain helps us to solve several problems at the same time: compliance, performance and PST-files.
- Reza Akhaie – SVG Bundes-Zentralgenossenschaft Straßenverkehr eG
With 60,000 external e-mail messages and 300,000 internal email messages a month, Retain provides us exactly what we need. The investment has already paid for itself in the 500 GB reduction in space on our SAN. We were nearing capacity on the SAN. a huge amount for an organization our size. Plus, our users now have 100% access. It has really reduced the amount of time IT has had to spend doing email discovery. It’s much easier to search the system for formal discovery as well.
- Paul Rudin, Network Admin – Grand Bank & Trust of Florida
As a health care organization, Health First is always undergoing some sort of litigation process and we needed to gain more centralized control over the email archives. GWAVA Retain satisfied this requirement, and put ediscovery responsibilities directly into the hands of Health First’s legal team. Retain lifted a huge burden from our IT staff, and provided instant results to the legal team.
- Daniel Bray, System Operation Analyst – Health First
Like other emergency services, most people don’t care about archived email until they really need it. Retain was easy to install and straightforward to set up. I installed it on a Windows server we already had, making it even more cost effective.
- Gary Veldhof, IT & Finance Analyst – City of East Grand Rapids, Michigan
Retain is a very good archiving program. If you’re running GroupWise, why would you use anything else? It is economical. It works reliably. Plus, you don’t have to be an expert to use it.
- George Armstrong, Assistant Director-Information Services – Mildred Independent School District
The fact that Retain runs on Linux and can archive GroupWise on Linux is a definite plus. I tested it and it worked out of the box, so we put it in place. Retain is definitely a plug-and-play solution.
- Warren Stewart, Network Project Manager – Monroe-Woodbury Central School District
Retain is a reliable, plug-and-play solution, which doesn’t require much management at all. It was easy to install and just works.
- Hugh R. Cauthers, Director of Information Services – Monroe-Woodbury Central School District
The process of restoring mail from the archive in Retain is much more efficient and easy. It is a reliable system that users are starting to trust and therefore not maintaining old mail in their mailboxes. Because of Retain, we maintain smaller mailbox database files on the SAN.
- John Carlton, Network Administrator – Pflugerville ISD
One of the things I like best about Retain is the easy web interface. It’s smooth and easy to run through. It gives good feedback on how a job is progressing. Not only that, but GWAVA has true experts in email security working on their products. What’s nice about the Retain product is that everything is stored in a SQL database. That makes everything easy to back up and it’s simple to pull data back out.
- Dale Qualls, IT Director – Pattishall, McAuliffe, Newbury, Hilliard & Geraldson LLP
I am absolutely satisfied with GWAVA. They are delivering big knowledge and flexibility. They are thinking of me and always delivering the right solution. The fast communication between GWAVA’s engineers and their development department is fantastic. It’s wonderful to see that things can be done in a different way—the right way! Because of its safe handling of the archives, a user-friendly interface and great performance, Retain beat out the product we had been using. We especially like its stability. Plus, we got great support from GWAVA as we made the change.
- Albert Stevens, Cluster Manager ICT – Prinsenstichting
The choice was simple: Retain is the only archiving solution which supports Opentext Livelink and meets our high standards of software quality.
- Peter Biederman, Project Supervisor – BRZ (Federal Computing Centre of Austria)
We were looking for a solution to get our spam issues under control and to meet existing legal requirements for archiving. GWAVA is able to solve both problems! What do we like the best about GWAVA? The great spam filter in GWAVA and the clean archiving and compression of e-mails by Retain!
- Boris Sobot, Registered Manager – SVG Strassenverkehrs-Genossenschaft Württemberg eG
I trust GWAVA products! And I trust them so much that I recommend and implement GWAVA solutions for my customers. GWAVA attacks and solves the biggest problem that most of my customers have...spam.
- Diethmar Rimser, Reseller – BrainAgents GmbH
We have been a partner of GWAVA since it was founded and have been really happy with the partnership. We offer our customers the complete suite of GWAVA products and we have had great success
- Tommy Mikkelsen, Consultant – IT Quality A/S
GWAVA has a lot of great products and they are a solid, reputable company specializing in messaging solutions.
- Marc Potter, Sr. Vice President – Marvin Huffaker Consulting
GWAVA was the easy choice for the nuclear plant with the top security rating in the country. I do a virus scanning nightly on the entire system. Viruses used to be an issue, but with GWAVA, they’re not now.
- Lou Donato, Network Administrator – South Texas Nuclear
For the first time, I’m able to not think about spam. GWAVA doesn’t require constant monitoring. I just check to make sure that it is up and running.
- Kathy Tyler, IT Administrator – North Memorial
What would have been a huge disaster in the making at most any other organization, took us only 30 minutes to fix with GWAVA.
- Bob Haussmann, Ph.D. Chief Information Officer – Tabor Children’s Services
We tried two anti-spam products running together - GWAVA and one other. Our staff complained that their mail was getting ‘stuck’. The other anti-spam system just turned into a nightmare, so we turned it off and have used only GWAVA since then.
- Kasey Segraves, Information Systems Supervisor – Escondido Union High School
We’ve been using GWAVA anti-spam for quite a few years now. They’ve been very helpful with the implementation and support. Any time we have a problem, we call up GWAVA support and they usually have it solved within an hour.
- Warren Stewart, Network Project Manager – Contra Costa County Office of Education
GWAVA is helping to filter junk mail and reduce the virus threat.
- Kim Hoover, Information Technology Department – Investment Savings Bank of Pennsylvania
Since we’ve reorganized our email infrastructure and deployed the GWAVA product, our e-mail system has gotten much faster, and our end users no longer have to deal with spam or virus threats. GWAVA intercepts all the message traffic that isn’t business critical. Every day, we block thousands of unwanted e-mails. Our end users appreciate the freedom from distraction from their jobs, and from an administrator’s point of view, it’s been wonderful to have a solution in GWAVA that puts us in control of our overall messaging environment.
- Scott Moore, Senior Email Administrator – Carilion Health System
My hat is off to GWAVA. We were bombarded by a virus, literally thousands of them in one day. It is important that we maintain a high level of protection from threats. Despite the colossal load of attachments, GWAVA was able to weed through them, analyze and block the virus, all the while allowing legitimate email and attachments through. I can’t thank GWAVA enough.
- Peter Oemichen, Information Systems – Wisconsin Historical Society
‘When I tell (outside administrators) how much spam we block per month with GWAVA, they can’t believe it.
- Roy Dragotta, Network Engineer – Long Island Rail Road
It took 2 months to get M+Guardian running properly. During that time, we would have been buried in spam were it not for GWAVA…we’ve been running GWAVA for about 6 years now. It’s very easy to use and takes virtually no overhead on the server. It has a much higher productivity rate than M+Guardian.
- Michel Parent, IT System Administrator – Town of Mount Royal, QC
We’ve been able to block a lot of spam with GWAVA. GWAVA really saved us.
- Selena Youngblood, IT Administrator – Gwinnett Health System
When spam becomes more and more of an issue in your company, you need to react. That is what we did. With the installation of GWAVA, we solved the problem. We were astonished that we were able to implement the GWAVA solution in a couple of hours. And the benefit for ELO is huge. We reduced the amount of spam nearly to zero.
- Andreas Schulz, Head of Marketing – ELO Digital Office GmbH
In education, cost is critical to us. GWAVA offered us a great price, plus we had no real hardware costs since GWAVA for Exchange runs on a virtual server. We loved that GWAVA was able to make the switch to Exchange with us. The interface is familiar and our users know how to use it, making the migration easier.
- Martin Roberti, System Administrator – Grafisch Lyceum Utrecht (the Netherlands)
The perfect compliment for a smoothly working system, thanks to GWAVA, came from my colleague on the Monday after the implementation: ‘Our mail server must be broken, I haven’t got a single spam mail in my mailbox! Since we’ve been using GWAVA, we receive our emails without any delay and spam is no longer clogging our mailboxes.
- Sven Hornbruch-Vandrey, System Administrator – Deutscher Steuerberaterverband e.V.